12/25/05

Like Alice Falling...













Like Alice falling into the looking glass,
I woke up. "Where is my baby?"
I saw hands reaching out for a baby.
A voice said, "you have a baby boy".
I looked for the voice, but only saw foggy black.
Huh. They neglected to tell me a C-section
would make me blind.

"Where's my baby?"
Movement below me -
they would take me to see him.
They bumped me along, and stopped.
He must be coming from outer space
cause I could hear strange
beeping noises, and hissing machines.

Then I saw my baby's face...
perfect, perfectly fine, he's okay.
Then I heard someone crying,
someone male. I looked around,
but it was still black,
all except the light around Jacob's face,
he was surrounded by white light.

Then later, when I really woke up,
I wondered if it was all a dream -
how did I know that the baby
on the outside was the same baby
who used to be on the inside?
.

No comments: