12/16/05

Moments

Moments

Checking Jacob in the middle of the night.
No diaper on this baby, the rash needs air,
and there's no fear wetting the bed
cause he can't pee on his own.

Jeremy stirs, and wakes, mumbles
"Is Jacob wet, mom?
I'm not cause I'm a big boy!"

Another time.

Jeremy is watching TV,
laying on his stomach,
head resting on arms and elbows.
I lie Jacob next to him,
while I take a shower.
When I come out,
Jeremy was holding
a bottle in Jacob's mouth
as he watched TV.

I asked, surprised "Did you get that all by yourself?"
and he said "yup".
Jacob was hungry, so he took care of it.

So matter of fact. He's two and a half.

Again. I sit down to change Jacob's diapers.
Only to realize I've forgotten the diaper.
Jeremy appeared out of nowhere -
took one look at me and my exhaustion,
and disappeared again,
only to return with a diaper,
wash cloth and a kiss for Jacob's foot.
And a smile for me, and off he goes again.

Some more. We're walking out the door
for another doctor's appointment.
I left Jacob behind
while I carried out stuff to the car.
Jeremy looks back at me in surprise -
"Mom! Don't forget Jacob!! We love him too much!"


And I love YOU so much.  







.

1 comment:

Mary said...

You raised one heckuva kid in Jeremy :)

I know twenty-somethings who aren't that sensible.