11/28/05

Pastor, please read...


Pastor, please read;

Psalm 28:7 the Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.

Jacob, your name meant "instrument of God". I came to the Lord when I was pregnant with you. I am so thankful that I did, because where would I be now? Through God, I was able to love you the way I did, so totally and completely that your handicaps became small to me. I was happy with you, despite all the problems. Even tho there were questions as the the extent of brain damage, I knew you were present and accounted for, and were going to surprise us all. All those times in front of the aquarium late at night, our unspoken conversations told me we were gonna be okay. I was so looking forward to watching you grow. But all I have is your smile, and you discovering your hands, as you reached for my face when I fed you. You were a happy baby, and we were just beginning, weren't we? I know you would have been happy with me and your brother, but for some reason, you died, and I don't pretend to understand why. They say there's a reason for everything, and the reason you were born is obvious to me. You completed our family, with Jeremy and I. I will just go on faith that there was a reason for you to die. You're healthy now, and I will see you again. I love you, sweetheart.

Mom
.

No comments: