12/3/05

The Next Morning...


The Next Morning

Jacob is crying
loud enough to wake me!
Another big step,
normally his cry is too weak to hear.
He's starving!
8 ounces and it only takes 20 minutes,
a miracle for him!
We burp and play -
and no vomiting.
I'll measure his head later,
postpone the bad news...
maybe last nite was a fluke.
I went back to bed for awhile.

Got up to let the neighbor's little girls in -
I babysit for her.
Glanced over at Jacob
laying on the sheepskin
on the couch.
He's moving a little,
but he'll go back to sleep, I think.
Or he'll be content
watching the aquarium -
it fascinates him.
I told the girls to watch Sesame Street
and laid back down for a few more minutes.

The kids are getting noisy,
wonder why they haven't woke up Jacob yet.
Maybe they're playing with him -
they love to entertain him
and do his exercises for him.
I walked into the living room,
straight to Jacob. Still asleep?
In this racket?
All of a sudden,
I can't breathe.

Because I can tell
he isn't. 

Breathing, I mean.

He isn't breathing.

Breathing he's not.  

I don't know how to end this one.
.

No comments: